Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Monday, February 6, 2012

DONT PAY FOR GIFT BAGS...DIY--MAKE THEM!

Little gift bags out of newspaper. Plus, it's a great way to recycle! Pick a good section of your paper (the comics are always fun)

Cleaning off my desk always gets my brain working...Today I recycled tons of old newspapers.  I thought....hummmm  wonder what I could do with these for crafts....(paper mache) fun and messy!  Then I saw the comics and thought I could turn these into gift bags....These would be great for in a pinch birthday bag.

I found a great place that explains step by step...

Enjoy and Have fun!



PVA glue. This is a bookmaker's glue and can be found at most art supply stores. Elmer's will work as well.
Newspaper. For the example bags above, I used a Japanese paper that measured (when folded) 11 1/2" wide and 15" tall, and the comics of my regular paper, which were folded and cut down to 11" by 11".
A hole punch and a grommet setter or a Clikit tool. I found my Clikit tool at a discount store. If you google "Clikit" there are several entries.
Grommets
Ribbon or string

CLICK HERE FOR FURTHER DIRECTIONS!

No comments: