Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BANANA BREAD WAS PERFECT..SEE PIC....


Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4


This came out perfect......so soft..the best banana bread I HAVE EVER MADE.  I was worried it was getting to brown on top, but the recipe says that whats supposed to happen...
I also liked that it made (2) Loafs.....one for me and one for the kids...Hubby is a meat and potato man...Thank goodness or I would have to share it....
RECIPE FOUND HERE



Coll's Banana Bread

2 1/2 C Flour
1 t salt
2 t baking soda
1 C Margarine
2 C sugar
2 C mashed ripe bananas (4-6)
4 eggs - slightly beaten
1 C chopped walnuts (opt)
1/2 C Mini chocolate chips (opt)

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour pan (muffin or loaf pan)
Stir & toss together flour, salt, baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl combine margarine, sugar, eggs and bananas until well blended.
Add the combined dry ingredients until batter is thoroughly blended.
Pour into loaf pan or muffin tins.

Baking Instructions & Timing:
Full recipe makes:

4 mini loaf pans ( 45 mins..)
24 mini muffins (15-17 mins..)
18 large Muffins ( 25 mins..)
2 loaf pans ( 65-70 mins..)

Muffins & bread will turn dark brown, Check center for doneness with a bamboo skewer.
Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes before inverting



2 comments:

Melissa said...

That's what I do with overripe bananas, too. Except for not chocolate chips, and I leave nuts out of ours half the time.
Last time I made them in my 12-muffin tin. Sometimes muffins are just more fun, lol.

Unknown said...

I froze the second one...I hope they freeze well...